Genesect is making its way onto Pokemon Go next week with a limited-time story event. Completing this ticketed Special Research event will grant players an early opportunity to catch this new arrival.
The event starts on Friday, 20th March 2020, at 8:00 a.m and runs through until Thursday 26th March, at 10:00 p.m. Tickets will cost $7, and grant players access from start to finish. To start the event, simply look out for the special research, ‘A Drive to Investigate’ and activate it.
Along with various tasks to complete, purchasing a ticket includes a variety of rewards:
- Encounters with Pinsir, Scizor, Skarmory, Karrablast, and Shelmet. Plus other bug and steel type Pokemon that feature in the story.
- Encounters with the region exclusive Pokemon, Durant.
- Encounters with Scyther, Skarmory, Nincada, and Shieldon after exclusive field research tasks have been completed.
- Exclusive Genesect-themed avatar items.
- 5 Premium Battle Passes, 3 Super Incubators, 3 Charged TMs, 3 Fast TMs, 3 Incense, 3 Star Pieces, 1 Poffin, 15 Rare Candies, and 1 Glacial Lure.
- A medal upon completion of the research.
Those who can’t buy a ticket needn’t worry. There will be a free Genesect themed event running at the same time, with exciting features to get your hands on. And, if after all this Genesect goodness you’re looking for more, you can find it in EX raids in April.
Are you excited to add Genesect to your collection or has a different Pokemon got your attention? Let us know in the comments below. And while you’re at it, why not check out the Daily Gaming Report YouTube channel!