Early next week expect to see Respawn roll out a new patch that will fix a few issues that have put a damper on the quality of play. This patch will include a way to fix inaccurate hit registration, as well as a case where some objects stick to Gibraltar’s pop-up Gun Sheild.
Also included in the patch will be a focus on improving certain audio issues that the game has and the Pick Me Up banner for the PS4. This banner issue was originally causing games to crash and Respawn just simply removed them from the game entirely. But now with this patch, the banners shall be reintroduced and working as intended.
Here’s a look at the full patch notes.
Audio Fixes and Improvements
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
- Quality of Life
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith’s ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlock, Flatline, and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed occlusion bug for the “wind down” sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually, after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
Hit Detection Fixes and Improvements
Fix for Lifeline “Pick Me Up” Banner Bug on PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will be re-enabling the banner after the patch is live.
Note: We made changes to client and backend to address this and it’ll take a little time to take full effect. We’re expecting the error to resolve within a few hours after the patch is live.
(PC Only) Crashes Specific to Intel CPUS
- Intel has been notified, but in the meantime, Respawn has provided a workaround in the patch. In order to keep from crashing, they have lowered the original clock speeds for user CPUs by changing the instructions used by that one function.
Additional Bug Fixes and Changes
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Admittedly it’s been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control.
- Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
- Identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until the issue can be addressed
Are you a big fan of Battle Royal? How does Apex Legends rank up amongst all the others in your book? Let us know in the comments below.
Got a news tip? Email [email protected]