Pokemon Go fans, it is time to go make waves and catch some Water-Type Pokemon because the Water Festival is back! You don’t have to live near a beach or anything to make a splash and to get access to this update. Water Pokemon will be coming to Eggs, Raids, Field Research, and of course the Wild!
The Water Festival is back!
Date + Time
- Friday, August 23, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT until Friday, August 30, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Friday, August 23, 2019, at 9 p.m. BST until Friday, August 30, 2019, at 9 p.m BST
- Water-type Pokémon like Magikarp, Wooper, Wailmer, and more will appear more frequently in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild around water: Wartortle, Poliwhirl, Seaking, Lapras, Qwilfish, Mantine, Lotad, Feebas, Piplup, Buizel, and Finneon.
- Water-type Pokémon will hatch more often from Eggs.
- Kingler and Crawdaunt will be able to learn Crabhammer, a Water-type Charged Attack that is newly available in Pokémon GO.
- If you manage to surf the waves of luck, you might encounter Shiny Carvanha or Shiny Barboach!
- Water-type Pokémon like Blastoise, Vaporeon, Lapras, and more will appear in raids.
- On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, you’ll be able to encounter Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf in five-star raids in their respective regions!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- If you have a Water-type Pokémon as your Buddy, the distance to earn Buddy Candy will be halved.
If you deem it necessary, get out your fishing rod, put on your goggles and flop in your flippers! But all you need is the attitude to get up and Go!
As always, in the meantime, why not check out and subscribe to our YouTube Channel here! Think you have a news tip or want to get involved? Email us at [email protected]