Paladins and SMITE crossplay confirmed
Recently, Hi-Rez Studios has confirmed that crossplay will happen for Paladin and SMITE. Yet, while the PS4 can handle it technically it won’t receive crossplay at first.
In fact, Hi-Rez released the following information to cover the crossplay features:
– Cross-play and cross-progression will go live with the 2.01 update for Paladins, and the 6.1 update for SMITE. Both of these updates are currently scheduled to release in mid-to-late January 2019.
– For cross-play platforms, there will be a global, cross-platform leaderboard. As players will be able to move freely from across platforms and input methods on a single account, all players will be tracked on the same leaderboard regardless of their main platform or control scheme.
– Cross-play will be supported across PC launcher, PC and Mac Steam, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. We are technically ready to support cross-play on other platforms as the opportunity arises.
– By default, casual matchmaking will find the best matches for players regardless of platform or input method.
– SMITE and Paladins players can choose to play only against players with the same input method (either keyboard and mouse, or controller) in casual matches. However, players will find higher quality matches, more quickly, by leaving cross-input matchmaking enabled.
– By linking your separate platform accounts to a Hi-Rez Account, you will effectively have one account across PC launcher, PC and Mac Steam, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Yet, it is interesting as to why Sony isn’t on board for crossplay for the games. However, Sony has been acting a little strange lately especially announcing that they’ll not be at E3 next year.
Comment below on what you think of the new crossplay features coming this January. Also, if you liked this article why not share it on social media. In other news, Tender Defender will be coming to Fortnite at the request of an 8-year-old fan.