Version 9.0.0. has arrived for the Nintendo Switch on September 9th and with it came some necessary bug fixes and tweaks. Specifically, it added a brand new search feature under the News Channel and also a way to pull-up and use a QR code with your Switch for checking in at certain events. The update also introduces away to keep the Switch from recognizing particular inputs from the console’s buttons (applying only to the upcoming Switch Lite).
Also with Version 9.0.0. comes a new tab for account pages called, “Online Play Invites”. This will be where you can view your invites from your online friends based on the games that you both share. Most importantly with this update though, Nintendo said they addressed a bug that has kept Fire Emblem: Three Houses from starting up at all through general system and stability improvements,
Below are the full update notes for Version 9.0.0.
Nintendo Switch Firmware 9.0.0 (September 9, 2019) Update:
- Added a search feature for the News Channel.
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
- Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
- You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
- Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications.
- You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
- Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
- A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
- You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
- Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
- Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
- When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
- Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User’s page.
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.
Are you excited for the Switch Lite? Have you been playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses? Make sure to let us know in the comments below.