Switch players can now expect to see Modern Combat: Blackout on the eShop “in the coming weeks”. As Gameloft announced its new home on the switch.
Modern Combat: blackout is developed by Gameloft and its based on Modern Combat 5, a military first-person shooter. When released, the game will be set at $19.99. Here’s some new information for the game from a press release.
- CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE CLASS: Find the playstyle that suits you among nine customizable classes that players can level up across single and multiplayer, including Assault, Heavy, Recon, Sniper, Support, Bounty Hunter, Sapper, X1-Morph or Kommander.
- HIGH-POWERED MULTIPLAYER: Deploy for epic clashes in Team Battle and Free-For-All matches online.
- INTENSE SOLO CAMPAIGN: Play the challenging Spec-Ops missions for a real adrenaline rush. Fast-paced story missions with various challenges will take players from Tokyo to Venice.
- UNIFIED PROGRESSION: Character progress in any mode carries over to the others, so play solo or multiplayer and watch abilities expand.
- PERSONALIZED CONTROLS: Intuitive, highly customizable controls allow players to battle just the way they want for a true console experience.
Modern Combat is originally a game designed for mobile gaming, so its a concerning matter if microtractions are going to be heavily introduce into the game. This game does have a large following on the mobile platform (over 100 million downloads), so hopefully it will have a positive effect on the Switch, and we might see more of these games welcomed to the eShop, as Nintendo expands their variety of games.