Due to the Game Developer’s Conference being postponed due to coronavirus, Microsoft has scheduled two days of live streams to showcase upcoming projects, including a time slot dedicated to the Xbox Series X.
Join us on Mixer March 17-18 where we’ll be live-streaming content that we planned to share at this year’s Game Developers Conference. Starting at 10:00 am PT on the 17th, come learn about the latest cloud and game development technologies from Microsoft.
– Microsoft via the event description
Microsoft has an entire hour of this event dedicated to Xbox Series X and Project xCloud at 11:40 A.M. PT on March 18th. See the full stream schedule below.
Day 1 – March 17, 2020
- 10:00 Welcome to Game Stack Live!
- 10:25 How The Coalition built Gears 5 to be more accessible
- 10:45 Building accessibility into your game – the Xbox Accessibility Guidelines
- 11:00 Panel: The changing nature of today’s game industry
- 11:35 Panel: How to be intentionally inclusive in your game design
- 12:15 What is Microsoft Game Stack?
- 12:30 The Importance of LiveOps
- 1:00 Rare: Building Sea of Thieves with a LiveOps Mentality
- 1:35 What it means to run a game studio – a conversation with Turn 10
- 2:00 Maximizing impact and reach for your independent games with the [email protected] team
Day 2 – March 18, 2020
- 10:00 Previously on Game Stack Live
- 10:15 How inXile used creative iteration to drive Wasteland’s development
- 10:40 Panel: How online services are defining the next generation of game development
- 11:40 Xbox Series X + Project xCloud = New Chapter in Gaming
- 12:40 The spark of creativity that drives Double Fine
- 1:20 What’s new in DirectX: Raytracing, mesh shading, and more
This means new details could be revealed about the next-gen console. Also, the entire event will be full of Microsoft’s plans for the future of gaming, including talk about Xbox accessibility and next-generation game development. Check out the event on Microsoft’s website for full details.
What do you hope to see from Microsoft? Let us know in the comments section below or via the DGR Facebook page! Also, do be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel here! Do you have a news tip or want to get involved? Email us at [email protected]