Update: Valve has since confirmed the video to be fake.
Update: We reached out to Turtle Rock Studios, who said the video has nothing to do with them.
Left 4 Dead 3 is a game that no one other than valve has any idea if it is actually being worked on. However today a user on Youtube going by the username Clusterflu961 posted a video on YouTube, which you can see down below. Now many people believe that it is a Left 4 Dead 3 teaser that has been leaked.
Here is the video for you to watch:
Now, let’s go over why it could be real.
- With E3 just around the corner, if valve has been working on Left 4 Dead 3, E3 would be the perfect time to show it off.
- The video is made with such high quality, so for it to be a fake someone had to put a lot of work in, as if you look at the very beginning of the teaser you will see post-it notes which say CEDA Survivors, now CEDA is an organisation from L4D.
- The user who posted the video hasn’t given the video a name; now if I worked for months creating a fake teaser for everyone to see, I would name it Left 4 Dead 3 Trailer, to increase views.
Now let’s go over the reasons as to why it could be fake.
- Clusterflu961 is a brand new YouTube account with only this video posted, so it doesnt come off very reliable. He also hasn’t given the video a name.
- Valve is probably way to busy with running steam to make Left 4 Dead 3. (Plus they don’t know how to count to 3)
- When you watch the trailer, you see real-life brands such as Pepsi and Life cereal
Now that we have gone over the points as to why it could be a real/fake Left 4 Dead 3 teaser let’s go over some other theories. So other theories floating around is that this as a leaked teaser for Back 4 Blood.
Back 4 Blood is a zombie game being developed by Turtle Rock Studios, the creators behind the original Left 4 Dead. Other than Turtle Rock Studios confirming the game is in development, we have had no images on the game or videos. However, Turtle Rock Studios have stated that Back 4 Blood is not Left 4 Dead 3:
“Back 4 Blood is our own brand new, original IP,” the studio said. “You’ll be able to shoot up a lot of zombies like in Left 4 Dead, but there’s a whole lot of new stuff in Back 4 Blood which makes it unique.”
For more information on Back 4 Blood, check out this article.
Do you think this is a real Left 4 Dead 3 Teaser? Let us know in the comments below. If you enjoyed this article why not share it on social media.
Got a news tip? Email [email protected]