Recently, a number of job listings found on the EA Maxis careers page have been seen to mention a new unannounced IP. There are a good few lines that certainly point toward a new IP however, there doesn’t seem to be any hints as to what the title will be. Take a look at some of the mentions below…
- “Maxis in Austin, Texas is looking for a Senior Character Artist to join our successful development team working on a new IP.” .
- “Lead our art team in the creation of a new, unannounced title”
- “We are gearing up for our next big production”
- “Experienced at establishing art vision and guidelines, preferable on new IPs”
- “collaborating with others to develop excellent user experiences for new IP”
So, what is the new IP? I hear you ask… At this point we are not so sure. That said, we do know they are looking at making this title a live service game (possibly an MMO?). Production of effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, and explosions as well as experience with run-time dynamic systems for physics-based animation, impact interactions, destruction, water, cloth & hair sim, etc. are also mentioned.
Taking everything into account it certainly doesn’t sound like a Sims game but, EA did announce they needed play testers for one just a couple of weeks ago.
What do you think EA Maxis have in the works? Possibly a new Sim City like title? Let us know what you think in the comments section below! Also, in the meantime, why not check out and subscribe to our YouTube Channel here! Think you have a news tip or want to get involved? Email us at [email protected]