Role Playing Games have been around for a long, long time… Be that through video games, board games, books or even through live action shows. The popularity of RPG video games is ever growing thanks to games like Final Fantasy and The Elder Scrolls. Let’s take a look at just some interesting facts about the two companies that brought you these games that may not have known.
- All 200 dungeons in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion were designed by just one person.
- In Fallout: New Vegas there is a reference to the movie ‘Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull’… You can find Indy’s body in a fridge.
- In the original Final Fantasy VII design, Cloud had slicked-back hair. This was to save on precious polygons.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion’s plot is predicted by a fortune teller in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- In Deus Ex: Human Revolution there are posters for Final Fantasy XXVII.
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is referenced in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There’s a body hanging from a ceiling in an ice cave near a glowing sword on the ground.
- Bethesda once turned down an offer to create a game based on the Game of Thrones books… But, they did have Skyrim to finish at the time.
- Final Fantasy was called this due to Square facing bankruptcy at the time. Final Fantasy was to be the creators last game if it didn’t take off.
- Bill Clinton was asked to voice President John Eden in Fallout 3.
- Final Fantasy’s iconic battle system was actually inspired by American Football.
Let us know some of your interesting and random facts in the comments section below!… Was there anything in that list that you didn’t know? Or maybe you know something that we don’t?
In the meantime, why not check out and subscribe to our YouTube Channel here! Think you have a news tip or want to get involved? Email us at [email protected]
Source: PlayStation Official Magazine 162 (UK)