While we await the release of Hideo Kojima’s next game ‘Death Stranding’, here are 10 interesting facts about Metal Gear Solid that you may not have been aware of.
- Solid Snake’s voice actor David Hayter was the co-writer for X-Men 2.
- Jennifer Hale, Naomi Hunter’s female voice actor in MGS4 was also the voice actor for the female Commander Shephard in Mass Effect.
- Metal Gear Solid’s ‘Yoji Shinkawa’ was the lead character designer for both MGS and Zone of the Enders.
- In Raiden’s first draft design he climbed walls like Spider-Man and licked bird poo.
- Hideo Kojima designed many of the original MGS stages using Lego.
- Metal Gear Solid 4’s Metal Gear Mark 2 first appeared in the Hideo Kojima game Snatcher way back in 1998.
- Metal Gear Solid 4’s longest single cut-scene is a whopping 71 minutes long!
- Originally, the character Meryl was based on the actress Natalie Portman, specifically when she starred in the movie ‘Leon’.
- Raiden’s real name is Jack. His girlfriend’s name is Rosemary which is a hidden link to the movie ‘Titanic’.
- The first game Hideo ever worked on was called ‘A Penguin Adventure’ which released in 1986.
So, was there anything in that list that you didn’t know? Or maybe you know something that we don’t? Let us know in the comments section below!
Also, in the meantime, why not check out and subscribe to our YouTube Channel here! Think you have a news tip or want to get involved? Email us at [email protected]
Source: PlayStation Official Magazine 162 (UK)