Grand Theft Auto has been one of, if not the most profitable entertainment franchise ever. With fans awaiting the release (and reveal) of GTA 6 and with GTA Online’s continued success Rockstar are forever growing and giving us new, great experiences (such as Red Dead Redemption 2). So, without further ado lets have a look at 10 facts you may not have known about Grand Theft Auto!
- Originally, Grand Theft Auto was called Race ‘n’ Chase.
- In the Grand Theft Auto prototype you played as a police officer… Not a criminal.
- GTA IV’s Niko Bellic was based on the character Sasha, from Behind Enemy Lines.
- In total there have been 15 GTA games released!
- GTA’s Carcer City is the city in which Manhunt is set.
- In GTA IV’s Statue of Happiness a heart can be found within.
- Shooting GTA Vice City’s moon will change the size of the moon.
- Looking at the Vice Point Langer hotel’s lights in GTA Vice City in between 11:00pm and midnight would reveal the shape of a penis…
- In GTA Vice City Stories, you can save Phil Collins from a sniper.
- In GTA IV’s promo art, Lola del Rio, A prostitute with 6 fingers appeared but was never included within the game.
So, was there anything in that list that you didn’t know? Or maybe you know something that we don’t? Let us know in the comments section below!
Also, in the meantime, why not check out and subscribe to our YouTube Channel here! Think you have a news tip or want to get involved? Email us at [email protected]
Source: PlayStation Official Magazine 162 (UK)